CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Whoops...

When I am this hungover and did something that bad last night, I only find comfort in fast food, my cat and textsfromlastnight.com.
I came home today with a serious hangover, dropped off at my parents by an NFL draftee who just finished his last season at Wake Forest in my parent's town, Winston-Salem (yeah, I'm seriously bragging about a ONS...and yeah, I have abbreviated one-night-stand to ONS).
I had to go to church, since it was Easter and I stayed out all night partying so I had to crawl out of the hole I dug last night and hopefully meet sweet Jesus at the top. I walked in the back door and my dad said, "Put on your dress, grab some water and I'll be waiting in the car for you."I seriously wish that I were Catholic so I could go to confessional and make the priest squirm.
So I walked upstairs to change, feeling pretty crappy, and in came Charlie, happy as hell to see me, even in my worthless state. He rubbed against my calves and purred 'cause baby, his love is unconditional. He's like, "Hey! I missed you!", and I'm like, "Oh, you were the best thing that ever happened to me, sweet boy." And we are blissful.
I haven't been to church in years. I don't have much in common with the Worshiping Kind. I have never felt like I really needed to repent, and I actually didn't know what that feels like, until today. The expression, "sweating like a whore in church", well, I felt like it applied to me today. The sermon droned on and the house was packed. I think that this priest crammed in every original idea about life into his sermon because he didn't know if we'd ever be back in church. And he was right, we won't.
I don't really know what I did last night (aside from a bar and a football house -- ick in retrospect) but I know that I was outrageous with my vocals and probably the content of my vocals. In this state, I take such comfort in reading the submissions to textfromlastnight.com. I think that even though I don't know the people who wrote those, we're united in our hangover. It's hard to believe how often during most people's college career, they have outrageous nights that involve booze, sex and lots of shit-shooting. Or maybe that's just life.

0 comments: