CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Underworld.

I went down the rabbit hole for a week.

I don't understand why Alice went back to England when she had the option to stay in the Underworld. Money wasn't an issue, love was a possibility and the environment to which she returned was monstrous. She matured and returned to her responsibilities, but I am certain that Alice questioned her decision. Of course she did.
Once experiencing Central America, there is no way I can wrap my mind around being in school in North Carolina for 3 years. Ignorance is bliss. Before I traveled, I was in love with this place.
Everyone thinks about it, plans it and considers running away to a foreign country. Someplace different enough to stimulate all senses of wonder and curiosity but similar enough to quickly adapt.
Everyone travels and returns to their home with a bit of post-vacation grief. Most people probably even plan to move to the place that they loved so much.
I have to go back.
I have restless dreams of being back in Costa Rica. I've had dreams of being there, in that dirty hostel, with the same people with me. Then I wake up and go to class. I had a dream that I was running all over this strange place that seemed like a parking garage. I was running faster than I ever have and with intense urge to get to where I was going. I was barefoot and there was trash, urine and hypodermic needles on the ground, but I kept running. Then I awoke in my bedroom and forced myself back to sleep so I could reach my destination but I never made it. I slept through class trying to get there.
My main goal isn't to go and explore the countryside, although it is beautiful and wild, something to be admired. I want to go to this hostel, during the rainy season and sit outside when it is pouring. I want a dirty bunk bed and to share a cold shower with strangers. The freedom that comes with no schedule or restrictions is bliss. Activities and goals are simple during the day but the stimulation of people coming and going, the weather wild and wonderful, the art and music never-ending, it is plenty. Fruit is cheap and delicious, it easy to live on fruit, rice and beans.
The logistics are not so simple...

0 comments: